- Data: Collectively all information that you submit to Twonix Pty Limited via the Website.
- Personal information: That part of the Data that makes your identity apparent, or reasonably ascertainable.
- Account: A personal wagering account established by you, enabling you to view activity and place bets at various racing venues via third party wagering providers.
- Cookies: A small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website.
- Twonix Pty Limited, we or us: Twonix Pty Limited, of Level 10, 2 Bligh Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia.
- User or you: Any person that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Twonix Pty Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Twonix Pty Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
- Website: The website that you are currently using and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa.
- “Person” includes individuals, firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships.
- “Includes” and “including” are each understood to mean “including without limitation”.
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
- You may view unsecure pages of this Website anonymously to the extent your browser settings will allow.
- You may contact us via email anonymously or by using a pseudonym to the extent your email client will allow.
- You may contact us via contact forms on this Website anonymously or by using a pseudonym to the extent your browser will allow.
- We collect only Data we deem reasonably necessary for our business functions and/or activities.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal information, from you:
- Name (by your active submission)
- Date of Birth (by your active submission)
- Contact information such as email addresses and phone numbers (by your active submission)
- Street location, city, state and Postal Code (by your active submission)
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- Operating system (automatically collected)
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
- All data collected is stored on secure servers located in Australia or on secure cloud services run by Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services.
Our use of Data
- We may retain any data you submit for a period of time equal to our need to use such data for legitimate business purposes. When such data is no longer required by us it will be destroyed.
We may retain any data you submit for a period of time longer than outlined above if required to do so by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or subpoena, or notification by a law enforcement agency that delivery of a court order is imminent. In these circumstances we will:
- take any reasonable steps available to us to communicate to you that this data is being retained, unless we are precluded from doing so by law; and
- will only retain such data while that provision is current, and will then destroy the data.
- We will disclose your personal data, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Twonix Pty Limited; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Twonix Pty Limited; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Twonix Pty Limited, or the public.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and/or contractors and/or other companies within our group.
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of news, updates, or other information we believe may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes, which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customize or update the Website.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Twonix Pty Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership or control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data. This may include personal information.
Accessing your own Data
- Any personal Data you give us can be accessed by you by logging into your account. There you can make changes to the Data on file. If you have not established an Account with us then there will be no personal Data of yours stored on our servers.
- You have a right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Twonix Pty Limited (where such data is held) at no charge to you.
Accessing your own Data
- Data security is of great importance to Twonix Pty Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- Where password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the Internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary Cookies: These are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, Cookies that enable you to log in to secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance Cookies: They allows us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies: These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you byname and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of venue).
- By default, most Internet browsers accept Cookies. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies or delete them completely through various settings in your Internet browser. For further details, please consult the documentation for your Internet browser. Please note that changes you make to your Cookie settings may cause loss of personalization and/or access to secure areas.
- It is recommended that you ensure your Internet browser is up-to-date, including and especially security updates.
Transfers outside Australia
- Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside Australia. These countries include Macedonia. For example, this could occur if our servers are located outside Australia or one of our service providers is situated outside Australia. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in Australia.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
[effective date: 01.12.2015]